The Idris-M is a upcoming multi-crew military frigate manufactured by Aegis Dynamics. It was originally planned as a Corvette but had to be redesigned due to space restrictions that made it impossible to accommodate multiple small fighters in the flight deck. The flight deck can be opened in the front and back for uninterrupted starting and landing procedures. The Idris-M features a size 10 gun hardpoint that is outfitted with a Mass driver cannon. The backer owned Idris-M is announced to be released after or simultaneously with the release of Squadron 42.[source?]
|“||Larger than a bomber but smaller than a ship of the line, frigates occupy an interesting space in the pantheon of warships. While they lack the heavy armor and the capital weaponry of a cruiser, frigates are more maneuverable and are highly configurable.||”|
Appearances in Star Citizen
- The UEE Navy used a Idris-M as part of the Invictus Launch Week in 2950 and 2951, the fleet traveled to all planetary space station in in the Stanton system in alternating order.
- A Idris-M is the target of the contract Idris Stolen By Arlington Gang.
- XenoThreat used a Idris-M in their Assault on Stanton.
- One size 10 ship-to-ship Destroyer Mass Driver Cannon.
- Two remote turrets each equipped with two size 4 Revenant ballistic gatlings located sideways at the top front side.
- One manned turret equipped with two size 7 M9A laser cannons located at the front.
- Five manned turrets equipped with two size 5 CF-557 Galdereen laser repeaters located on the top side.
- The flight deck is in the center of the ship hull and can hold a compliment of small fighters or ground vehicles.
- The auxiliary hangar is used to store a MPUV Personnel and is located below the flight deck.
- Shooting range.
Default ship loadout
|Quantum Fuel Tanks|
|Main Thrusters||Maneuvering Thrusters|
|Quantity||Weapon size||Hardpoint size||Weapon model||Manufacturer||Weapon type|
|Quantity||Weapon size||Turret type||Weapon model||Manufacturer||Weapon type|
|Quantity||Missile size||Missile model||Manufacturer||Tracking signal||Rack size||Rack model|
In game availability
|Store name||Location||Price / aUEC|
|Rental company||Location||1-Day / aUEC||3-Days / aUEC||7-Days / aUEC||30-Days / aUEC|
- Lore initially described the Idris class frigate as being made by Roberts Space Industries. Ben Lesnick later wrote that this was made in error, due to Ryan Church working on the design, and that the ship's manufacturer has always been Aegis Dynamics.
- Official Star Citizen Website "Idris Revamp". Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- Star Citizen (2017) YouTube.com: Star Citizen: Gamescom 2017 Live Demo (High Quality) Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- kickstarter.com "Kickstarter update: We've hit $750,000!Everyone starts with a AMX-1 Repair Droid". Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- Official Star Citizen Website ""Why Back Now?" section of The Aurora Revealed". Retrieved June 6, 2021.
|Aegis Dynamics (AEGS)|
Avenger Stalker • Avenger Titan • Avenger Titan Renegade • Avenger Warlock • Eclipse • Eclipse Best in Show 2950 Edition • Gladius • Gladius Valiant • Hammerhead • Hammerhead Best In Show Edition • Idris-K • Idris-M • Idris-P • Javelin • Nautilus • Nautilus Solstice • Pirate Gladius • Reclaimer • Reclaimer Best In Show Edition • Redeemer • Retaliator Base • Retaliator Bomber • Sabre • Sabre Comet • Sabre Raven • Vanguard Harbinger • Vanguard Hoplite • Vanguard Sentinel • Vanguard Warden • Vulcan •
|Hand weapon attachments|