The Caterpillar from Drake Interplanetary is a large transport ship, it consists of the hull and the detachable command module. The Caterpillar is fitted with four ship weapon hardpoints, two manned turrets and two tractor beams of which one is located on the command module. The cargo deck consists of five interconnected modules, each outfitted with airlocks and the fifth with a manned turret.
|“||First introduced in 2871, Drake Interplanetary’s Caterpillar has long proven to be a reliable, cost-effective multi-role vessel, capable of being outfitted for everything from mercantile operations to combat support. Long hailed as a hard-fought alternative to the ubiquitous Hull series, the Caterpillar is a freighter that doesn’t skimp on weaponry or customization.||”|
- A manned turret is located topside in the front and another on the underside in the back behind the cargo lift, both turrets are equipped with twin size 4 M6A Cannon laser cannons. The command pod is outfitted with two M5A Cannons and two M4A Cannons installed on size 3 gimbals.
- Four identically cargo modules, each with a capacity of 121 SCU and cargo bay doors on port and starboard side, the doors also function as lifts. The fifth module has a capacity of 80 SCU, one front facing cargo door and houses the forward manned turret.
Features that are announced to be implemented in the future.
- Command module external entry
- Detachable command module
- Engineering station
- EVA hatch
- Lowerable cargo bay doors
- Separable cargo modules
- Tractor beam stations
Default ship loadout
|Quantum fuel tanks|
Main Thruster (Command pod)
Retro Thruster (Command pod)
|Fixed Maneuvering Thruster|
Gimbal Maneuvering Thruster (Command pod)
|Weapons||Quantity||Weapon size||Hardpoint size||Model||Type||Manufacturer|
In game availability
|Store name||Location||Price / aUEC|
|Rental company||Location||1-Day / aUEC||3-Days / aUEC||7-Days / aUEC||30-Days / aUEC|
- It is the only ship capable of separating hull and flight deck.
- It used to have the highest cargo capacity, but has since been surpassed by the C2 Hercules.
- Caterpillar Best In Show Edition
- Caterpillar Pirate Edition
- Caterpillar variants
- List of ships
- List of ship and vehicle prices
- August 6, 2021 - Alpha 3.14.0: Number of Shield generators increased from 1 to 2.
- December 23, 2016 - Alpha 2.6.0: Added.
- robertsspaceindustries.com "The Visual Guide to Spacecraft - Caterpillar Edition". Retrieved July 17, 2021. (4.48 MB PDF download)
|Drake Interplanetary (DRAK)|
|Hand weapon attachments|