|Star Citizen – Alpha 3.5.0|
- 1 Star Citizen Patch 3.5.0
- 2 Feature Updates
- 3 New Features
- 4 Feature Updates
- 5 References
Star Citizen Patch 3.5.0
Alpha Patch 3.5.0 has been released to LIVE and is now available! Patch should now show: LIVE-1524999
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE. In addition, keybindings have been completely reworked with new bindings associated with the updated flight model. You may want to redo keybindings rather than import older ones
IMPORTANT: Please be sure you are on launcher version 1.1.1, fully updated, before you begin downloading the patch.
Major Known Issues
- When exiting the options menu on the character customizer screen, the options will remain up disabling the players’ control. W/A: Press “ESC” to go back to the customizer.
- If the player exits the game with the mobiGlas still open they will return to the universe with a blurry screen. W/A: Close mobiGlas before exiting.
- Delivery boxes can fall through the flooring of some ships.
- Ships do not leave behind cargo when destroyed.
- Ruto’s hologram is missing.
- Ruto’s entry mission will sometimes fail to complete.
- Some Area18 labs lack atmospheric pressure.
- Ships can exceed their speed limits by turning slightly while accelerating.
- Weapon projectiles/tracers occasionally diverge significantly from the player’s point of aim.
- Dying with chat open may cause the player to be unable to respawn correctly. W/A: Relaunch client.
- Trying on clothing at Casaba can sometimes result in the loss of armor pieces.
- Ship bed logout may be unreliable or inconsistent.
- Stowed items can sometimes appear attached to the players’ legs.
- Switching to external camera from the pilot seat and back when reset the HUD and chat.
UPDATE: Applied a hotfix to the Service Beacon Service which prevents Beacons without player/location information from appearing.
UPDATE: We deployed hotfix 1524999 to live to fix a crash during mining. Hotfix update notes have been appended below
- Various polish to NPCs and usables around Area18.
- Lighting polish for Lorville, Area18, and UGFs.
- Added more variation to NPC service beacons.
Ships and Vehicles
- Adjusted the HUD element on several ships to avoid offset, overlap, or scaling issues.
- Radar ping results should now appear on the 3d radar.
- The sky bus at Area18 should no longer occasionally hitch in its motion.
- Missile lock and launch should no longer be unbound by default.
- Darneely’s dialogue and animation should no longer become mangled if the player exits and returns to the interaction area.
- The no fly zone at Area18 should now properly take control of the ship and not fly the player into the ground.
- “Restricted Area” warnings should no longer display in 3rd person.
- Players should no longer occasionally become stuck in a powered off, unexploded ship upon taking critical damage.
- Fixed weapons should no longer occasionally aim at the predicted location.
- Players should no longer quantum travel to a point just outside of the radius where further travel destinations are visible.
- Fixed missing weapons at various displays for Cubby Blast.
- There should no longer be objects preventing interaction with store items at Cubby Blast.
- Landing dust should no longer persist even with ship power and engines off.
- Players should no longer be occasionally blocked by the no-fly zone when attempting to land or take-off from side hangars at Area18.
- Corrected the “destroy stash” mission to reward the correct amount.
- The “destroy stash” count should no longer fluctuate occasionally.
- The Freelancers should no longer have cockpit geometry blinking in and out when entering or exiting hangars.
- Fix for missing ambient audio at Area18 and some UGFs.
- The snoopy cap should no longer remain attached to the player after removing the helmet.
- The player should now be able to move on respawn after dying with chat activated.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get items attached to their feet (note: Those currently affected will still need to be reset to fix older occurrences)
- Fixed 9 client crashes.
- Fixed 7 server crashes.
- Additional memory scaling to avoid corruption crash associated with mining.
- Added DNA face customization system.
Character selection and creation now uses a DNA face customization system. Initially you will be able to choose a gender, then select from a set of currently available characters and customize the blend of their facial features that will be represented in your own character. System includes “Simple” and “Advanced” modes that allows you to customize your face with preferred level of complexity. Additionally, “Eidonomy” selection provides the ability to select individual traits such as eye and hair color, skin tone etc.
- Added playable female characters.
- Adding “headphones” setting in audio menu.
- Planetary Locations: Planet ArcCorp and its moons Lyria and Wala.
Unlike the other planets in the Stanton system, the ArcCorp has the distinction of being almost entirely developed and built on. Nearly every square kilometer of the planet has been allocated for habitation, commercial use, industrial plants, and massive warehouses. As such, a strict, low level no-fly zone is in place for protection, though many choose to construct their buildings taller than the zone in order to offer landing opportunities. ArcCorp has two moons: Lyria, an icy moon dotted with cryogeysers and cryovolcanoes and Wala, a low density moon notable for its large crystalline outcroppings.
- Major Landing Zone: Area18.
Area18 happens to be one of the few landing zones designated by ArcCorp for interplanetary traffic and is one of the main commercial ports for the surrounding region. If travelers manage not to be overwhelmed by the hectic sights and sounds of this landing zone, they can find a variety of goods from trusted names as well as unique local providers. ArcCorp has contracted with the PMC group “BlacJac Security” to ensure that their world and its surrounding environs are kept safe and open for business.
- Added new mission giver: Tecia “Twitch” Pacheco.
Twitch came up as a soldier who transitioned into freelance security work after her service ended. Things seemed to be working out until she suffered nerve damage on a job for BlacJac Securities and they unceremoniously cut her loose. Now, left without employment and with a very specialized skill-set that she couldn’t use, she turned to the criminal element that she used to hunt. These days, she lurks around the back alleys of the megacity Area18, making deals and introducing people or as she calls it “enjoying her retirement.”
- Added Hurston Security ship variants for areas in and around Hurston.
- IFCS will now engage autopilot and attempt to turn your ship out and away when intersecting with a no-fly zone.
- Players can now set quantum travel way-points on members of their party.
- Added environmental missions where AI can police unlawful players and track/call in additional support when doing so. The level and ship of the opposing force will depend on the player’s wanted level.
- Added combat assistance service beacon mission types for AI.
- Added a patrol mission to Delamar.
- Added destroy satellite missions into Hurston area.
- Added additional delivery mission variants.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added: MISC Reliant variants Tana, Sen, and Mako.
- Added Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker.
- Added automated gimbals
Automated gimbals are an additional setting for gimbals that allow them to attempt and automatically track targets within a cone in front of the ship. The cone is designated by a dashed circle, which is separated into two when the gimbals do not have a lock on the target and closes into a single circle when they develop a lock. This mode can be cycled to via the “R” key
- Added voice feedback for events while mining.
- Items and components now wear at a very slow rate.
- Items and components can now be repaired.
- Added ship weapon auto-convergence
Fixed and gimbal weapons now auto-converge disparate weapon velocities and ranges into a single pip based on the slowest and shortest range weapon you have equipped. Additionally, locked gimbals and fixed weapons have a very small amount of assist motion.
- Added: Gemini S71 assault rifle.
A well balanced and designed Assault Rifle, favored by wealthier private military professionals who want to make a display.
- Added: Kastak Arms Coda pistol
A no frills, raw, heavy ballistic pistol that packs a heavy punch if it connects. What it lacks in fire rate and magazine size, it more than makes up for in range and power.
- FPS weapons now have dry fire audio when out of ammunition.
- Added color variants to many armors and undersuits.
- Added UI icons for additional kinds of contacts.
- Updated carry and pickup animation transitions to smooth out motion some.
- Updated some of the carrying animations for EVA.
- Updated lighting for Lorville hangars.
- Default keyboard and gamepad controls have been revised.
- Updated footfall and general first person audio.
- Changed the keybind for gimbal lock to R which will (eventually) cycle between gimbal modes.
- Removed Million Mile High Club from main menu, as it is now accessed via Area18.
- Updated menu background screen.
- Visual updates and refinement for Wallace Klim.
- Re-entry VFX are now systematically driven by IFCS atmospheric physics.
- Clean up and minor improvements to NPC collision avoidance system.
- Updated sound effects and ambiances for Lorville’s CBD.
- Updated lighting at various rest stops.
- Added an automatic door to Constantine Hurston’s office.
- Updated some shopkeeper animations.
- Updated text for armor types to include color variants.
- Reduced civilian foot traffic in and around Lorville.
- Deferred collision, or IFCS attempting to steer your ship away, added to No-Fly Zones.
- Adjusted restocking and insurance pricing.
- Updated party markers.
- Expanded black box, investigation, collect, and kill confirm missions to additional derelicts.
- Reduced the shields on the satellites for the destroy probe mission set.
- Updated steal and ECN missions with new waves of enemies and different “protect” ships.
- Improvements to delivery mission assets.
- Changed the rewards and opposing ships for the mission giver bounty missions.
- Locker modules can now properly handle multiple deliveries.
- Delamar asteroids are now viable locations for mercenary missions.
- Bounty, steal, and recovery missions all now progress in difficulty.
- Updated ships that spawn in pirate blockades.
- Unlocking PVP bounty requires the player to complete any local security mission (Crusader, Hurston, or Blackjac security) and unlock the North Rock intro mission. Completing the North Rock intro mission unlocks PVP bounties for players with wanted level 2 or higher.
- Updated and improved the scanning vehicle HUD.
- Temporarily removed visible geometry from helmets that was impeding mobiGlas visibility.
- Replaced claim/retrieve buttons and ASOP terminal with a single, context sensitive button.
- Updated vaulting animations for smoother usage.
- Added additional aim recoil to the KSAR Ravager.
- Updated the perception of FPS combat AI to react to players better.
- Updated firing sounds for the Arclight pistol.
- Extensive update to Echo-11.
Echo-11 has undergone a complete redesign to create better pathing between zones, more varied cover and positions, and better flow between each point of interest or control point.
- Control area capture now has updated gameplay mechanics
You can now start the capture by just tapping F, which will interact with the keyboard for 2 seconds. You will then automatically detach, allowing you to protect yourself against any incoming players. While the capture is taking place an AR marker appears in-world displaying the capture area. If you step outside of this area the capture will slowly decay back towards its last state and if more members of your team join you inside the area, the capture will go faster. If members of the opposing team step into the area, the capture will go slower – or stall completely if there are the same number of players from each team. Capture points also now go via a Neutral state, so if you die part way through a capture your progress (past half way) is “saved” and the point has to be re-captured by the opposing team.
- Last Stand is now three rounds instead of four.
- Reduced Star Marine elimination player cap to 12.
- Added a smaller version of Station Demien, “Station Demien Comms”, which will be used for elimination.
- All ship thruster output and tunings have been reworked for a more drifty feel.
- IFCS netcode has been updated for more efficient performance.
- ESP has been updated for new flight tunings. SCM and PRE bespoke modes have been removed.
- “Afterburner” as has been removed.
- Comstab has been removed.
- “Boost” is now referred to as “Afterburner”.
- Added “speed limiter” functionality
The speed limiter is a preset velocity that is applied to all strafe directions and is controlled independently of ship motion. Core ship movement is now controlled via “strafe” in the desired vectors. Additionally, there is a “cruise control” (C key) toggle that activates automatic thrust forward for longer distance travel.
- Velocity is now shown as actual velocity.
- Ship audio has been reworked including new thruster audio, new ship sounds, and audio linked ship vibration.
- The center flight HUD has been reworked to better fit the updated flight model.
- Atmospheric flight has been re-tuned and now includes lift in addition to drag.
- Gravlev control has been reworked.
Ships and Vehicles
- Full rework of the 300i.
- Updated Ship Scanning HUD.
Scan information is consolidated into two lists that passively refresh when scanning an object, even if already scanned. Also updated the ability to scan quantum travel navigation points.
- Revision of the Gallenson Tactical Systems GT-870 series ship weapons.
- Updated Gladius entry/exit animations.
- Added faster bed animations to the Prospector.
- Improved and updated the ship heat system.
Ship thrusters can now overheat under heavy usage, especially when using afterburner.
- Full balance pass on thruster power usage.
- Updated death VFX for Vanduul Scythe.
- Adjusted the Freelancer landing pad position to avoid the rear of the ship being too close to an edge.
- Adjusted Hornet seat position to be more consistent for all variants.
- Increased the self-destruct timer for the Reclaimer.
- Missile guidance should now work between different zones.
- Updated AI pilot behavior to include break-away under fire tactics and separate lateral and frontal attacks for larger ships with turrets.
- The mining arm of the Prospector will now shake when firing the laser.
- Minor updates for entry, exit, and pass-out animations for numerous ships to eliminate pauses.
- Power priority is now functional.
- Slightly raised the Sabre’s flight HUD.
- Disabled look behind view for shop parked ships.
- Moved the power plant and quantum points on the MISC Reliant away from the wings to avoid loss of control when they are damaged.
- Ship thrusters should now be damagable via direct fire.
- Updated audio for some ship weapons and weapon impacts.
- Reduced all ship weapon velocity with a greater reduction for cannons.
- Rebalanced cannon damage.
- Climbing into the Prospector’s bed should no longer cause the player’s head to clip through the geometry.
- The Valkyrie should no longer jitter when the ramp is down.
- Fixed the Retaliator HUD not being centered correctly.
- The Freelancer beds should no longer have a “Power On” option.
- Looted weapons in Star Marine should no longer be retained between rounds.
- The weapon mounts on the Reliant should no longer be sideways.
- The aim PIP on turrets should no longer jarringly “snap” to target.
- NPCs should no longer occasionally be standing on seats rather than sitting.
- Jumping a second time after an initial jump should no longer cause the character to jump a large distance.
- Adjusted ladder entrance on the Arrow to fix clipping.
- The magazine attached to the gun should properly show as being removed when reloading from an ammo crate in Star Marine.
- Players should no longer respawn with the UI showing health damage.
- Interaction mode should now function correctly when bound to LT/RT on a gamepad.
- The entry/exit animations for the Valkyrie turrets should now be properly aligned.
- The scope on the Arrowhead sniper rifle should no longer be non-functional if looted off a player killed while aiming.
- Updated sky-box and brightness of objects in and around the planet Hurston.
- One handed carry-able items should no longer have the “carry” option after unstowing.
- The canopy should no longer be highlighted as if in interaction mode when moving on some ships.
- The UI in AC/SM for cycling target when spectating should no longer change when the player toggles the HUD on and off.
- The players hands should no longer clip into their legs when inside the Hawk’s prisoner seat.
- Players should no be able to rent more than one of the same item with REC.
- The player should no longer be visibly off-center when seated on the Dragonfly.
- Ships should no longer spawn into Arena Commander with their landing gear deployed.
- Large layers of liquid like shadows should no longer appear on moons.
- Interaction mode should no longer occasionally stay active after tapping “F”.
- The pilot seat of the MISC Prospector should now be able to be entered from the left side.
- Terrain detail should no longer appear on top of carried boxes.
- Rebound exiting “try on” mode to “E” to avoid conflict with interaction mode key (F).
- Using an EMP should no longer knock out your own shields.
- There should no longer be atmospheric gaps inside the Hammerhead, 600i, Avenger, Retaliator, Reclaimer,, Starfarer, Freelancer, and Caterpillar.
- Swapping weapons while a weapon is charged and fired will no longer cause it to not consume ammo.
- Hammerhead turret entry interactions should now be more consistently placed.
- The Freelancer co-pilot should no longer have a flight/combat reticle.
- The scalpel and rail-gun barrels should now consistently extend.
- The mobiGlas should work consistently in the beds of the Valkyrie.
- Changed the animation on the table seats of the 600i to prevent clipping.
- The interaction prompts for entering the Prospector should now be easier to read.
- There should no longer be floating props on Echo 11 in Star Marine.
- Players should no longer get stuck in EVA next to the railing near point B on Station Demien in Star Marine.
- The correct UI overlay should now be present in Arena Commander race modes.
- Fixed an incorrect text string for one of the Freelancer MAX’s shield generators.
- The pilot seat of the Freelancer MAX should no longer occasionally kill players.
- AI ships should now appear with full shields.
- Players who are not in your party should no longer occasionally appear on your quantum travel calibration UI.
- Objective markers should no be retained on boxes put down or dropped.
- Battaglia should no longer occasionally appear offset from her table.
- The loadout customizer in Star Marine should no longer occasionally become unresponsive.
- R&R CRU L1 should now have the correct name on the comms MFD.
- There should no longer be pauses in animation on the Caterpillar’s upper turret.
- Third person camera for the Aurora should no longer clip into the ship during quantum travel when viewed from the front.
- The P8-SC should no longer have slower than intended ADS.
- Mineable resources should no longer flicker on approach and remain physicalized/scannable.
- Levski hangars should now have correct lighting.
- Fixed Arena Commander and Star Marine not showing the reason for awarding points.
- The Reclaimer’s engine core should no longer spark electricity when it isn’t damaged.
- Ship radar pings should no longer have their cooldown sluggish, unresponsive, or inconsistent.
- Dying while firing a weapon in Star Marine should no longer result in the weapon continuing to endlessly fire.
- The wanted level icon should no longer appear in Arena Commander.
- The Caterpillar should now be fully locked upon spawn.
- AI pilot opponents should no longer cause the comms to get stuck open and all audio from them to stop.
- Players should no longer be able to access the selfie camera while interacting with an ASOP or kiosk.
- Players should no longer clip through the ship when EVA entering the Eclipse.
- The pilot should no longer be able to fire the Reclaimer’s remote turrets.
- The Star Marine announcer should no longer fail to voice and then spam the player all at once.
- The Avenger’s HUD should now be aligned with the reticle.
- Realigned the HUD on the Razor.
- The Reclaimer’s cockpit physics grid should no longer extend out of the ship.
- The shield of the Glaive should now properly cover the front of its blades.
- Removed broken panels from Avenger interior doors.
- Sitting in the drone operator seat should no longer cause the player to snap into position.
- Chaff should now function properly as a countermeasure.
- There should now be audio for UI comms hailing.
- One MFD should no longer go to comms if the player has any comms interaction happening on another screen.
- Non-green variants of the Arrowhead sniper rifle should no longer have a green scope.
- Quantum calibration targets in close proximity will now update properly when switching between them.
- Open torpedo doors on the Gladiator should no longer show a gray space and lack collision.
- The Mustang Beta should no longer have gaps in the interior geometry a player can see out of.
- Players should no longer T-pose on death in Star Marine.
- The kill board should now use your player name rather than “you” in Star Marine.
- The Reclaimer should now be able to have its loadout changed.
- Thruster effects for the small rear thrusters of the Valkyrie should now properly play.
- There should no longer be visibility issues when zooming in interaction mode with no helmet from the pilot seat.
- Battaglia’s console should no longer be blank.
- The transit announcer voice at Lorville should no longer play multiple overlapping audio.
- Missile lock UI should no longer remain after firing the missile.
- The Gladiator should now have idle thruster effects.
- Players should no longer be able to get behind the admin counter at Lorville.
- Fixed some LOD issues on Lorville approach.
- Video should now consistently work when calling ATC at Lorville.
- Ballistic weapons should now do proper shield penetration.
- The import UI for keybindings should no longer be cut off at the bottom, preventing players from accessing some joysticks.
- Target brackets should no longer appear in 3rd person views.
- The pitch ladder artificial horizon line should now be oriented with level flight rather than terrain horizon.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Fixed a number of OCS related stalls.
- Fixed 8 client crashes.
- Fixed a server deadlock.
- Fixed a serve crash.
- robertsspaceindustries.com "Star Citizen Alpha 3.5.0". Retrieved July 16, 2021.