|Star Citizen – Alpha 3.14.0|
Features announced for the upcoming Alpha 3.14.0
Locations[edit | edit source]
Planet - Crusader
- All tasks relating to the creation of the planet Crusader, including points of interest. This beautiful-yet-dangerous gas giant is home to the Orison landing zone, a picturesque city floating on orbital latticework.
Orison Landing Zone
- Comprised of a latticework of platforms suspended in mid-atmosphere, Orison is considered one of the most picturesque locations in Stanton. This task includes creating all areas of the landing zone, including shipyards, habs, gardens, and spaceport.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Players will have the ability to manage the amount of extra energy that goes into the thrusters, making critical decisions on the distribution of energy in order to defend, attack or just run away.
- Players will have the ability to manage the amount of extra energy that goes into the weapons, making critical decisions on the distribution of energy in order to defend, attack or just run away.
- Players will have the ability to manage the amount of extra energy distributed to shields, allowing them to choose between maximizing defenses or using that power to attack or escape.
Radar, Scanning, and Ping
- Radar is used to passively locate and track contacts, and display their whereabouts to the player. Scanning is used to obtain information about a specific entity. Ping actively finds additional contacts, or highlights volumes of space to investigate weak signatures, both of which are displayed via the radar and its AR HUD elements.
Missiles - Guidance & Control Rework
- Convert missiles to use the IFCS guidance and control systems. This will improve missile performance and tracking ability, enabling greater control over general missile behaviors.
Missile Operator Mode
- Missiles will now be controlled under a dedicated missile operator mode, which gives players the option to select and fire specific missiles while operating in ships that allow for different types of missiles and torpedoes.
Law System v2: Surrender
- To allow players to be arrested without losing their life, they will be able to surrender by coming to a halt and powering down their ships when ordered to by security. Security will halt their attack and arrest criminal players (and impound the ship if owned by a criminal).
Ships and Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Implementing and balancing RSI's hauling variant of the Constellation, the Taurus, as a flight ready ship in the game.
Core Tech[edit | edit source]
Planetary Volumetric Clouds v1
- Initial version of a bespoke system to convincingly render multi layered, volumetric clouds of varying scale within planetary atmospheres.