|Star Citizen – Alpha 3.14.0|
Features announced for the upcoming Alpha 3.14.0
Locations[edit | edit source]
Planet - Crusader
- All tasks relating to the creation of the planet Crusader, including points of interest. This beautiful-yet-dangerous gas giant is home to the Orison landing zone, a picturesque city floating on orbital latticework.
Orison Landing Zone
- Comprised of a latticework of platforms suspended in mid-atmosphere, Orison is considered one of the most picturesque locations in Stanton. This task includes creating all areas of the landing zone, including shipyards, habs, gardens, and spaceport.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
FPS Radar & Scanning
- Includes an improved signature system that supports much greater distances and the dampening of signatures by environmental interference and larger entities. This feature will be available to players in ships, in ground vehicles, and on foot.
Weapon Charge/Drain T0 - Tech
- All back-end tech tasks related to creating the first pass of the charge/drain feature that will be used in future location and mission updates.
Actor Feature - Physical Inventory
- When implemented, players will physically store weapons, gadgets, consumables, healing items, and more on their person and in vehicles via backpacks, pockets, and containers. This utilizes the new iCache for persistence wherever players travel.
Radar, Scanning, and Ping
- Radar is used to passively locate and track contacts, and display their whereabouts to the player. Scanning is used to obtain information about a specific entity. Ping actively finds additional contacts, or highlights volumes of space to investigate weak signatures, both of which are displayed via the radar and its AR HUD elements.
Tech - Healing T0
- Includes all back-end tasks related to the initial implementation of the Healing feature, that will be used in future location and mission updates.
Hacking - Tech
- All back-end tech tasks related to creating the first pass of the hacking feature that will be used in future location and mission updates. When implemented in-game this feature will be used to access systems and areas that have been previously closed to the player. The hacking process will be represented via a minigame that is displayed on the player's HUD visor.
- Enables players to heal other players and NPCs. This will allow players to use items with healing properties, such as the MedPen, on other player characters and NPCs.
Ships and Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Implementing and balancing RSI's hauling variant of the Constellation, the Taurus, as a flight ready ship in the game.
Core Tech[edit | edit source]
Migrating Legacy Vehicle XMLs to Datacore
- Updating XML vehicle data to be stored in a new optimized location and format.
Vehicle Module Swapping
- System support enabling players to swap vehicle rooms and modules via VMA (and allows designers to specify vehicle setup at run time in SQ42).
Shield Systems Tech Replacement
- Adapt shields code to determine shield hits based off of dynamically contoured shield meshes for more accurate combat gameplay, and to eliminate possible weak spots in shields. This also extends shield tech to entities beyond just vehicles.