|Star Citizen – Alpha 3.11.0|
Star Citizen Patch 3.11.0
Alpha Patch 3.11.0 has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.11.0-LIVE.6218077.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
- Database Reset: YES
- Long Term Persistence: Enabled
- Starting aUEC: 20,000
- Strafing upwards while flight readying a ship can lead to the ships destruction (Potential workaround is to let your vision center and wait a second before strafing upwards)
- When retrieving ships at New Babbage or Lorville’s spaceports, the UI telling you what Hangar your ship is placed is missing
- Global chat may be unavailable in the visor HUD
- Ships landed at Lorville cannot be stored
- Character customization choices may display incorrectly in-game (skin tone/gender/etc.)
- Greycat ROC may jump up and down on the spot after spawning
- Players can get their ship into an ‘unknown’ status after abandoning it and then dying and respawning at some Rest Stops causing an insurance loophole
- Ground vehicles will be impounded when the player lands at a designated garage at the New Babbage Spaceport planetary surface exit
- The missile range does not update correctly when swapping missile types that have reduced minimum/maximum range
- Players are unable to reach the “Enter Ship” prompt on the display Prospector in New Deal in Lorville
- Members list UI does not animate when player is speaking in proximity chat
- Using an emote then getting a knockdown at the same time causes animation delay
- MFDS are not updating damage on targeted ships
- Origin 100 series Rain / slush effects are moving backwards to the direction of travel
- Greycat ROC mining arm can snap out of place upon re-entering the vehicle if the mining arm had been previously extended prior to exiting the vehicle
- Player may experience stalls when extracting crystals with the ROC
- Origin 100 series beds do not retract
- Running into the stairs of an Origin 100 series ship as the door of the ship opens will cause players to fall through the ground
- Players logging out in Klescher Rehabilitation Facility may spawn back in at Grimhex in their prison outfits
- Players cannot re-enter the Drake Cutlass ships if the ramp is damaged
- Refueling hydrogen fuel first can prevent you from refueling quantum fuel
- Multiple Heavy Armor Arms Clip/Partially Obscure some of the mobiGlas Icons
- Added Space Station Cargo Decks
Cargo Decks are facilities within Rest Stops where players can handle all their cargo needs. From dropping off and picking up, buying new cargo equipment, and more.
Ships and Vehicles
- New Ship – ORIGIN 100i Touring
- New Ship – ORIGIN 125a Light Fighter
- New Ship – ORIGIN 135c Light Freight
Weapons and Items
- New FPS Weapon – BEHR Grenade Launcher
Enemies will either scatter or splatter when you turn the GP-33 “MOD” in their direction. This military-grade launcher fires 40mm grenades to clear rooms and flush out enemies behind cover. Those that don’t immediately flee will feel the pain, as Behring’s precision design also includes a feature that primes each grenade to explode on impact. Attachments: Optics (S1), Underbarrel (S1).
- New FPS Weapon – BEHR BR2 Shotgun
Originally designed for the military, Behring decided to sell the BR-2 ballistic shotgun to the general public after the initial weapon testers kept requesting to take one home. Featuring a semi-auto fire mode that can rapidly deliver devastating stopping power, the BR-2 is the ideal choice for both offensive and defensive operations. Attachments: Optics (S1), Barrel (S3), Underbarrel (S2).
- Ground Cover Buoyancy
Seaweeds and other ground cover elements on water will simulate buoyancy, floating and reacting realistically to water waves to further enhance the visuals of water on planets.
- Updated character creator to use new head designs
- Repainting Existing Planets and Moons
Utilizing the new planetary painting tools we’ve gone through all planets and moons in the Stanton System and repainted the ground surfaces and object presets. This also futureproofs ourselves and allows us to take advantage of new tech in legacy locations.
- Updated Ground Texture and Geology
Updating and expanding our current terrain texture library by adding scanned data. On a per object basis we are now able to support HW tessellation displacement on geology distributed across terrain to give it a more organic appearance.
- Added Hurston material variant for the Hurston Outpost exteriors
- Front End Refactor
Updated the Front End UI to make use of the building block system, and added new options like pinning the Friends List to the side of the screen and the ability to clear all notifications.
- Prison Commissary Vending Machine updates
Commissary Vending machines in prisons updated to use merits to purchase items as well as updating their interface and lighting.
- Exterior Space Station Green Zone Removal
The initial introduction of the relaxation of Green Zones will be removing the armistice zone around the exterior of Rest Stops. This update will allow players to fire ship weapons around Rest Stop exteriors and comes with many updates to the law system and station defenses to help accommodate this.
Players attacked by any NPC or player valid to arrest them should have a start/reset arrest timer started on them. If the player then dies by any means whilst this timer is active, they will be arrested. This timer is ended should the player manage to quantum travel, and will be between one and three minutes, extended by level of engagement with the NPC. This is to get around the unfairness of being arrested simply because an actor valid to arrest you is nearby as now that actor would have had to have attacked you recently. Criminals will now respawn at GrimHex if they die without being arrested or log out without using a ship bed. Players are now briefly offered the option to press charges/forgive on crimes committed against them. This is defaulted to press charges for crime committed by non-party members and defaulted to forgive for party members should the notification be ignored. We have converted the indirect killing of players from homicide to the lesser crime of manslaughter in some cases. This includes crushing players with a vehicle, killing via triggering an explosion such as an explosive barrel or a ship-self-destruct. We have also made it manslaughter for every kill aboard a ship other than the pilot. Locking a missile on a ship will now count as hostility and allow that ship to attack you in self-defense. It will cause AI to attack and trigger an “Assaulting an Officer of the Law” infraction if done to law enforcement. Quantum snaring now only gives the player an infraction should they snare a ship and it will give one for every ship snared. Quantum dampening an actor the player has the right to arrest should no longer be a crime. Players should no longer be able to avoid security scans by getting out of their seat. We have fixed several ATC/pad loitering and impounding bugs to ensure the experience is more reliable and consistent. Pad ramming will now be ignored as a crime if committed by a party member. This is mainly to not punish party members for small bumps along the way. You’ll still be able to give a party member a crime stat if the pad ramming is so severe it ends with your death or ship destruction.
- Player and External Inventory Interaction T0
Visually manage food, drink, mined rocks and harvested items stored in your personal inventory, moving them between your backpack and suit pockets and any external storage devices (such as the cargo access on certain vehicles). This adds context menus to items by using right click that will allow players to drop and split stacks of items. Players can now interact with the back cargo hold of the Greycat ROC to access its storage and transfer gems between it and the player’s inventory.
- Throw T1
Improved throwing to be more accurate, reliable, and accommodate additional objects in the game world beyond grenades. Added option to throw items overhand (left click) or underhand (right click) as well as holding the corresponding button to prime the grenade before throwing by letting go of the button. We have also added an AR trajectory display when throwing grenades and other objects.
- Force Reactions T1
Using the physics system, visible reactions are systemically triggered for Players and NPCs when punched, shot, and caught in explosions. Actors are made to lean when experiencing strong winds, or the G-forces of an accelerating ship, with extreme shifts in wind and ship velocity knocking actors down.
- Updated Space Station Interior Layouts
Space Station interiors have been adjusted to help players find their way around them. You can use the interior elevators to access multiple levels of the station including the Hangars & Habs, Common areas, and the new Cargo Decks.
- Missile and Countermeasure QOL Improvements
We have made some changes to missiles and countermeasures aimed to improve and stabilize their use.
For countermeasures, players can now either launch a flare decoy that is a projectile that emits a very strong signal to spoof missiles (works on all seekers) or deploy a chaff limited jamming space which affects all kinds of sensor readouts (including the launching ship if contained in the field). Removed seeker specific countermeasure handling. Replaced countermeasure keybinds. Updated VFX for countermeasures to the new effects system. Added countermeasure ammo counter to HUD. Extended missile warning HUD widgets with shortest time to impact display for each incoming seeker type. Slightly rebalanced all countermeasures so big ships, like the Carrack, have less ammo per launcher but heavier countermeasure projectiles with longer effects.
- Hostility Updates
Acquiring a missile lock on a target is now considered a hostile action against AI and other Players allowing them to attack the person locking them without being the aggressor.
- Added option to default select relative mouse mode in turrets
- Added option to enable/disable ship crosshair animations
- Ship AR marker will now display the landing pad your ship is on
- Greycat ROC is now purchasable the PU
Ships and Vehicles
- Increased the Constellation thrusters in atmosphere to help with angular rotation and slightly reduced its linear drag for a small acceleration increase
- Increased max button limit for joysticks/controllers from 50 to 100
- Right Mouse Button (and equivalent for PIT for back/exit on controller and flightstick) should cancel and close Quick Select Wheels
Major Bug Fixes
- Mining nodes should no longer change composition if a player scans it, leaves the area, and returns.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to sell Commodities and Mineable resources at any distance while the ship was occupied by another player.
- Diamond icons should no longer remain displayed after surface deposits have been mined.
- Fixed missing geometry inside the Pirate Caterpillar near the upper catwalk doors that was allowing players to fall through.
- Changing arm armor should no longer cause the mobiGlas UI to disappear.
- Players should no longer fall over and ragdoll when entering gravity from EVA for the first time after spawning.
- Space Station ASOP terminals should now correctly show the landing pad the ship is spawned on when looking at the location column.
- Carrack should no longer be missing SDFs on the nose of the ship.
- Players should no longer be Launched when Entering/Exiting EVA or end up in an unresponsive state when their client is running at very low FPS.
- Players should no longer tilt suddenly when Exiting EVA into a Ship if the Ship has Rotated.
- Players should now teleport into the spaceport instead of a hangar after the ship they are in is impounded on a pad.
- The elevator pillars in underground facilities should now have collision.
- Grim HEX clothing shopkeeper should now be in his correct usable position.
- Placeholder text should no longer be present when accessing the Anvil ships and components via mobiGlas in VMA menu.
- Player should no longer take damage or fall out of a turret in the Constellations if they exit the lower turrets whilst attempting to move forward.
- There should no longer be a piece of geometry clipping through the floor and elevator interior at the pad arrival area at HUR-L3.
- Right-clicking on a player in your contact list near the bottom of the screen in mobiGlas will no longer cut off the drop down UI.
- Players should no longer A-Pose when interacting with the standing engineering stations in the Hammerhead, Retaliator, or Vanguard.
- The New Babbage Hangar labeled number 16 from the Outside should now show the correct hangar number.
- Fixed gaps in the walls near the Grim Hex hangar elevators where players can see out of the game world.
- Fixed missing ground collision on the plant displays and waterfall walls around Wally’s bar in New Babbage.
- Origin m50 should no longer pitch down on takeoff.
- Drake Caterpillar should no longer pitch upwards while taking off from landings.
- Aegis Sabre should no longer pitch downwards while taking off from landing pads.
- MISC Reliant series should no longer pitch upwards on takeoff.
- The front of the Prowler should no longer pitch upwards when flying through Atmosphere.
- Players should now correctly drop their weapons when being killed by a take down melee attack.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player colliding with transit platform sign in New Babbage fall through the ground.
- Atmospheric entry VFX should now cover both arms of the Banu Defender.
- Lorville glass windows should no longer become excessively blurry while looking through them when close up.
- ARGO Mole spacebrake should no longer play an excessively loud noise when used.
- Fixed outpost airlock doors not having collision from the outside which allowed players to run through them.
- Waste Disposal mission boxes should no longer fall through the floor upon arriving in the general vicinity of outposts.
- Claimjumper missions should now progress further once the player arrives at the mining claim.
- MISC Reliant should now correctly cover its turrets.
- AEGS Retaliator shields should now cover the lower thrusters.
- BANU Defender shields should now cover the exterior door.
- Chaff and Flare VFX should now correctly display on all ships when in used.
- The intractable items such as cups, magazines, and teddy’s should no longer be missing from habs.
- Back button on the trading app should now go back to the correct screen if the cursor has not been moved from previous clicks.
- Multi-Tool should now be stored in LTP correctly and persist between resets.
- Attempting to sell loose commodity boxes should no longer display “Insufficient Stock” at kiosks.
- Combat AI should no longer sometimes get stuck in a standing combat state after being killed in The Price of Freedom mission.
- The VMA should now properly update the count for mining consumables when equipped to multiple ships.
- Ship cameras should no longer be off position so players calling a pilot should now see the player in the pilot seat.
- Looking up in Vanguard turrets should no longer cause the interface to blur and the screen to darken.
- Ships and Vehicles should now correctly be stored at Platinum Bay Outposts when they are Cleaned up or the Player Selects Store via ASOP.
- Fixed 5 Client crashes
- Fixed 9 Server crashes
- robertsspaceindustries.com "Star Citizen Alpha 3.11.0". Retrieved July 16, 2021.