|Star Citizen – Alpha 3.1.0|
- 1 Star Citizen Patch 3.1.0
- 2 New Features
- 3 Feature Updates
- 4 References
Star Citizen Patch 3.1.0
Alpha Patch 3.1.0 has been released and is now available to test! Patch should now show: LIVE-738964
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.
- The top turret of the Reclaimer has been disabled pending fixes.
- Temporarily disabled Star Marine match in-progress loadout swapping.
- Not all ships have the full function of customizable CVIs.
- Added a logout timer when logging out in range of other players.
- Implemented the Character Customizer.- Players will be required to create a character when attempting to access the “Universe” menu. - Available to customize: Head, eye color, hairstyle, hair color, and skin tone. - Once selections are made, players can “accept” or “revert” back to default. - After a custom character is created, that character will be used for all game modes. - Character’s can be changed after being accepted via the “Character Customization” tab on the “Universe” menu.
- Safe/persistent logout locations: Major stations (Levski, GrimHex, Port Olisar). Note: These logout locations should persist between sessions.
- Added the ability to earn virtue reputation for killing NPC pirates.
- AI pilots interdicting players can now carry interdiction dampening devices. Those ships must be destroyed or outrun before the player can QT away.
- Implemented service beacons.
Creating a beacon
- Locate “Create Beacon” on the far right of the Contract Manager of the MobiGlas.
- Select a “Beacon Type” and subsequent options.
- Personal Transport: Destination, reputation requirements, payment offered.
- Combat Assistance: Reputation requirements, payment offered.
-Created beacons can be viewed under the Beacons tab.
-Created beacons can be canceled at anytime.
Accepting a beacon
-Beacons can be found under the “Beacons” group of the “General” tab of the Contract Manager.
-Beacons will display beacon type, initiator’s name, and payment offered.
-Once accepted, you can cancel/withdrawl from the contract at anytime.
Completing a beacon
-Completed beacons will automatically move to the “History” tab.
-Transport beacons will automatically be completed based on the transport destination.
-Successfully completed beacons will automatically get a “positive” rating.
-Upon cancellation, players can “rate” the other party “positive” or “negative”.
-Players can also view their current reputation on the beacons tab.
Ships & Vehicles
- Added: Aegis Reclaimer.
- Added: Anvil Terrapin.
- Added: Tumbril Cyclone.
- Added: MISC Razor.
- Added: Nox Kue
- Added: PRAR Distortion Scattergun including size 4(Salvation), size 5(Absolution), size 6(Condemnation).
- Added: APAR Ballistic Scattergun including size 1(Havoc), size 2 (Hellion), and size 3 (Predator).
- Added: KBAR 10-Series Greatsword (size 2)
- Added: GATS Yellowjacket Ballistic Gatling (size 1)
- Added: CF-557 Galdereen Repeater (size 5)
- Added: Omnisky IX Laser Cannon (size 3)
- Added: Gemini R97 shotgun.
- Added visual change to better indicate when the player is in “focus mode” of interaction mode.
- Replaced old combat markers with new 3D markers including target brackets, hit indication, and missile locks.
- Added outline and further polish to target/self visor screens including additional hit effects for shields and hull areas.
- Added an additional MFD screen to customize the view angles of the target/self visor screens.
- Removed the port modification system from all vehicles.
- There is now an interaction trigger to exit a usable (seat, stool, ect.).
- Reduced the sideways sway of the camera during breathing.
- Minor adjustments to options menu text to increase readability.
- Updates to AI behavior relating to accuracy variability and missile usage, along with bug fixes.
- Updated loading screens.
- Expanded the interactable seating in GrimHex.
- Increased the brightness of the interaction highlight on GrimHex’s elevator buttons.
- Lock on interactions during quantum travel to prevent passengers from climbing out mid-travel.
- Improved GrimHex audio ambience.
- Expanded seating usables and updated some interaction points in Port Olisar.
- Lowered the virtue cost for ramming and removed the virtue pentalyt for illegal parking.
- Updated lighting within Levski hangars.
- Updated the various shopkeepers with additional performance capture and dialogue.
- Updated surface textures and topography of Crusader’s moons.
- Expanded the “00” landing pad at Port Olisar to accommodate the Reclaimer.
- Additional environmental missions added.
- AI pilots may be feeling a bit chatty.
- Updates to helmet lighting.
- Polish to admin NPC animations.
- When first opening the MobiGlas the contract maanger should now display the first mission.
- When accepting a mission, the MobiGlas contract manager automatically displays that missions objectives.
- Updated missions with additional dialogue.
- Reduced the virtue penalty for criminal missions and added virtue reward for killing criminal players.
- Expanded environmental missions.
Ships & Vehicles
- Updated glass shader on MFDs for the following ships: Vanguard, Cutlass, Prospector, 85x, Hornet F7C, Nox, Dragonfly, 300 series, M50, Prospector, Gladius.
- Increased the power draw of the EMP when charging, increased the cooldown after use, lowered distortion damage.
- Added new distortion values to all ship items capable of taking that kind of damage.
- Increased the self-destruct timer length on ships that require multiple interactions to exit.
- Increased the EM and IR signatures on countermeasures altered ship countermeasure sizes and loadouts to better reflect their relative signatures.
- Reduces shield health, updates shields to operate as independent faces for regen, increased setback, lower regen and regen acceleration.
- Adjusted countermeasure signal decay to reduce the need to spam CMs to divert missiles.
- 300 series: Increased the hardpoint size of all gun mounts: 325A: Nose S4, wing S3. Other 300 series: All mounts S3. Updated fuel usage and retuned atmospheric flight.
- Updates to Glaive and 325a health.
- Decreased the spread on the Sawbuck repeaters.
- Ships now have variable radar ranges based on size and role.
- Adjusted the effects of ESP.
- Reorganized the default MFD screen layout on the Reliant.
- Updates and polish to ship destruction VFX.
- Art rework of the Omnisky series of laser cannons.
Cargo and Trading
- Kiosks should now display first two digits after decimal place under buy/sell price.
- Altered the despawn timer on cargo so it will persist for longer.
- Various polish to box carry animations and placing.
- Added a holo effect to held items when attemtping to “place” them so players aren’t visually blocked by the held item. Added a “quick place” mechanic where you can hold LMB to start placing (don’t need to select the place interaction).
- Removed ejection ability from multiplayer modes.
- Allowed the Prospector to be selected in race modes.
- Players will now periodically gain lives during swarm modes.
- Removed the interaction nodes for open/close exterior and lock/unlock ship in competitive multiplayer.
- Reduced the health of Vanduul scavengers.
- The Scorpion Gatling is can now be mounted on any size compatable hardpoint.
- Increased ammo box round counts.
- Rebalancing ammo drops around increased ammo box counts.
- Vanduul swarm now has 9 waves and has had waves reworked.
- The prior loadout customizer has been replaced with management system mirroring the PMA app of the MobiGlas, allowing players to use weapons and armor purchased in the universe in applicable game modes.
- Various menu and MobiGlas audio fixes and improvements.
- Updates and polish to visor displays including the addition of IR/EM signature.
- Reworked the VMA and PMA along with Star marine and Arena Commander loadout managers.
- The VMA should now function while in the hangar.
- VMA and PMA now use RTT.
- Improved character lighting, color, and brightness for the PMA.
- Improved the planetside audio effects for all first person weapons.
- Removed UI shake from weapon recoil animations.
- Numerous performance tweaks.
- Several crash fixes.
- Clients should no longer get stuck on a black screen when failing to connect to a server.
- Reduced the shaky graphics effect associated with SLI.
Universe, Cargo, and Shopping
- Fixed missing helmet on a civilian in Grimhex.
- Items being purchased should no longer have 999999999 UEC in their name field.
- The internal geometry of the neck of the derelict Cutlass should no longer appear to lack any light.
- Players should no longer occasionally get stuck after performing an emote.
- The fan at Port Olisar’s Dumper’s Depot should now have spinning blades.
- ATC at planetary outposts should now be able to detect when a ship is landed and avoid spawning vehicles in that location.
- Medical supply boxes should no longer have “waste storage” written on them.
- Mining machines at moon outposts should now have audio.
- Fixed replaceme textured speakers found within Covalex.
- Fixed Eslin not being seated at his station at Levski, therefore not appearing on ATC comms.
- The interdiction effects should no longer began to play while the quantum drive is still spooling.
- The elevators in GrimHex should now properly have button press audio.
- Various tweaks to reduce excessive depth of field blurring.
- Players should no longer be able to push players off of ASOP terminals they are using.
- The mission marker should no longer appear huge when out of frame of the Starmap app.
- The ring/checkpoint UI markers should no longer have a delayed update when passed through during a race.
- Players should no longer be able to temporarily edit the text fields of an item they are purchasing.
- Fix for missing mission markers and moved bounty missions away from Kareah for Eckhart.
- Passengers should now properly see quantum effects when the ship they are riding in quantum travels.
- Fix for hangars occasionally missing atmosphere.
- The pet fish shop at Levski should now have collision for the shop counter.
- NPCs should no longer slide on turns.
- Admin NPCs should no longer become unresponsive after confiscating a box.
- Opening the MobiGlas while transitioning into EVA should no longer cause your EVA thrusters to get stuck on.
- Attempted fix for MobiGlas double trigger issue.
- Fixed missing couch interactions at Cafe Musain.
- ECN missions should now complete properly.
- Joining a game with your party while having the contact list open should no longer leave you at the main menu.
- Updates to the insurance system to fix player claim lockouts.
- The 3D radar should now render correctly when on or near planetary surfaces.
- If the player stays at the ASOP after making an insurance claim, the ship should now correctly be available once the timer reaches 0.
- The ASOP terminals should now correctly display the cost of expediting insurance claims.
- Weapon hardpoints should no longer be duplicated on the VMA menu.
Star Marine and FPS Gameplay
- The ending game scoreboard in Star Marine should now correctly show the score.
- Weapon audio should now propagate properly when on the surface of a rotating planetary body.
- The player should no longer be blocked from firing during certain transitional animations (ADS or crouching).
- Polished movement animations for player arms while moving crouched with a weapon drawn.
- Players should no longer get stuck with the options menu open if they had it open when a Star Marine match ends.
- Grenades should no longer occasionally be thrown as duds.
- Limited the rotation of the FPS Orbit spectator camera in Star Marine to prevent clipping.
- Combat emotes should no work when using a pistol or the railgun.
- Teammates in Star Marine should no longer occasionally have enemy colored tags.
- There should now be audio associated with the vital monitor to give a better indication of bleed out.
- Players should no longer be missing the timer and score HUD element at the top of the screen in Star Marine.
- The tracers for the Arclight Pistol should now render properly for the full distance.
- Players should no longer get “savior” rewards in Star Marine elimination game mode
- ADS toggle should now function correctly.
Ships, Vehicles, and Arena Commander
- The Reliant should now have its HUD back.
- The pilot’s thumbs on the 300 series flight yoke should no longer bend backwards relative to g-force.
- Players should now properly die when their Sabre explodes.
- Fixed harsh camera angle changes during acceleration/deceleration for Dragonfly.
- The remote turret on the Super Hornet should no longer occasionally shoot through the cockpit.
- The Vanguard’s various ship parts should no probably break up during ship destruction.
- The Freelancer DUR should now be spawnable in the hangar.
- The nose and cockpit of the Gladius should now break off properly when destroyed in zero-g.
- The nose of the Buccaneer should now break off properly when destroyed in zero-g.
- The cargo doors for the Starfarer should now have the proper associated audio.
- The audio for the Caterpillar elevator and side doors should now match up to the animation.
- The 3rd person camera for the Ursa passenger seat should no longer be alongside the rover.
- The Command Module of the Caterpillar should now properly break off during ship destruction.
- Hydrogen fuel should restore while the ship is off but still in motion.
- Ship controls should now properly animate when strafing in the Hornet.
- Fixed player zero-g collision issues that were making ship entry difficult.
- The radar screens on the Buccaneer and Caterpillar should no longer be inverted.
- Thrusters should no longer lose VFX after being repaired at Cryastro.
- The Herald should now break up properly during ship destruction.
- The Gladiator should now break up properly during ship destruction.
- In single player and co-op swarm modes the player should now spawn close to wingmen.
- The beds for the 300 series ships should now have proper audio.
- The Dragonfly UI should now properly update to reflect when the ship has moved into SCM flight mode.
- Entry into the Sabre Raven from zero-g should now work properly.
- Fixes for various issues with entry/exit on the 85x.
- Adjusted zero-g entry/exit animations for Scythe to fix timing off-set.
- The passenger’s feet and ankles should no longer appear twisted in the Freelancer.
- Modified the damage behavior in the 300 series to fix issues with break-up and fixed bugs with the 325a and 315p paint schemes.
- Wanted indicators should now show properly on ship HUDs.
- Ramming another of your own ships should no longer give you a wanted level.
- Ship should no longer randomly change direction after activating Quantum Jump.
- The MobiGlas should no longer become stuck open when rapidly using while in an EVA state.
- Fixed the loop animation for weapon inspections so it operates cleanly.
- Repeater ship weapons should no longer appear to lag behind, creating the impression of multiple projectiles.
- Conversations with admins should now break properly when moving away.
- The VMA should now be usable at GrimHex and Levski.
- Hangar flair fish should now have proper naming.
- Private matches of Arena Commander or Star Marine now require non-spectating players.
- The pilot and copilot’s feet and hands should now align with the controls appropriately in the Starfarer.
- The Ursa Rover should now have collision sounds when driving into objects.
- Selecting a new ship before the last one has finished loading should no longer cause the VMA to display an incorrect loadout.
- Cargo bay VFX should no longer appear to float when the lift is lowered.
- Debug yellow text should no longer appear when prompted for vault opportunities.
- Zoom should no longer reset at motion when using the Arrowhead Sniper Rifle.
- Various fixes for destruction VFX bugs including stationary body left behind after explosion, ship bits looking whole after destruction, and improper detachments.
- Fixed lighting issues on derelict Caterpillar exterior.
- Fixed missing Dragonfly HUD.
- Scythe and M50 turbulence has been reduced near landing pads.
- The 325A should now be able to load and have its default missiles.
- The Avenger ejection seat should once again function properly.
- Lowered landing turbulence on the Reliant Kore.
- Spawned ships should now be read-only in the VMA.
- “Waiting for players” and other critical message lines should now appear properly in Arena Commander and Star Marine game modes.
- Races should now properly have checkpoint HUD indicators.
- Players should no longer spawn on top of one another at the start of an Arena Commander game.
- Ships in Arena Commander should now spawn with shields full.
- Inbound missile alerts should correctly expire after a missile is evaded.
- Removed exit to interior interaction on the Avenger Warlock.
- Reticle mode (toggle) should now function correctly.
- robertsspaceindustries.com "Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0". Retrieved July 16, 2021.